“Void beings, Sentient magic Systems, and an indestructible bunny.”
This story is about a dude named Derrick. His world changed when something called the system was integrated into Earth. With this change came invasions from other worlds. Skip forward years, and the book starts with Derrick having become one of the strongest fighters on earth. Things take a turn when he ends up sent to another world. There, he finds a new people, a new magic system, and an animal companion who wants to be a chief. Oh, and the MC can curb-stomp most of the inhabitants of this new world even before he gets his power up from the new magic system.
- Was it Good? Yes
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how engaging was it? 8.5
- 1=Too lazy to finish
- 5=Put down a few times to do other things
- 10= Finished in nearly one session
_Snuck a couple chapters in while at work _
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
- Will I remember any of the story or Characters after reading this?
- I generally like loner characters, especially introspective ones. However, I honestly liked Derrick and the story more after he started interacting with more of the side characters. All of the characters in this book are interesting and get plenty of book time. With the story having such a strong Main character, most of the danger and suspense comes from the side characters, with Derrick acting as a friend and mentor. I was heavily invested in the growth of the group and their situation. It was interesting watching villagers learn new ways of thinking and fighting.
- Was there anything that took away from my enjoyment of the story?
- Not much really bothered me about this story. I have a personal little basis against overly bubbly characters as I find them exhausting at the best of times. And at the worst of times, they are annoying to read. So there is one character who I started out loving until their character growth changed them to the point where I simply tolerated them.
- Am I going to check out more from this series or author?
- So, I have already read the second book(which is good) in this series when it originally came out. While waiting for the third to be published, I ended up being drawn over to the mystery genre for a while. Now that I’m done binging mystery novels, I’m glad to report that there are now 4 books published, with a fifth on the way. I will definitely be reading the rest of the series as soon as possible.